05 October 2008

Vida a la Y

Hey Everyone!
I thought I would take the time after an inspiring genereal conference to update everyone since it has been a while since I have posted anything. I love BYU, The life in the dorms is so much fun. Although I do have to admit too many people on my floor play guitar hero, halo and warcraft way too late at night. And I have no idea why the person across from my room plays irish bagpipe music at midnight; but besides that its great. I had tryouts for the BYU Racquetball the second week of school and I made the team. I have to get up at 5 a.m. on monday, wednesday and friday for conditioning and practice at 6. I will playing in many tournaments throughout the state of Utah this year with the team. The team will be playing in the Utah State Univ. tournament in two weeks. I also know that I will playing a tournament in Ogden at the Gold's Gym there on the 16th and 17th of January, and a doubles tournament in South Jordan in Nov.
My classes are fun despite the fact that I have to read tons for my science classes. My BoM class is really interesting and easy even though I accidentally signed up for an RM class. Thats basically all that is new in my life here at BYU.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Congrats on the racquetball team. can you post a schedule and maybe we can come watch you. eat a sponge cake for me at the cancer center for me.

house of harris said...

Patrick, it sounds as though your life is one big missionary prep. class: getting up early, studying, traveling, you will be in great shape by this time next year. Thank you for keeping us posted on college life. Love you, Grandpa and Grandma

The Wi Family said...

We're glad that things are going well for you. I also loved BYU although I never experienced the dorms there--enjoy!!! The MTC dorms will just as fun with a whole new set of quirks minus the video games and hopefully no bagpipe music at midnight:) Anyways-congrats on making the raquetball team-that sounds like a blast! If you ever come back towards home and play let us know :) :)