05 June 2008

Another Sukie!

It's been a seaon of miracles. First Seth finds alien life forms in North Dakota, and just last night I met another Sukie. I was out with another ward member, tracking down new membership records, when we met Sukaina Isha Secka. She said to call her Sukie, since that's what everyone else calls her.

She was born in Gambia (west Africa, for those of you without elementary school children who are learning that stuff), and her mother was of Chinese and African American descent, and her father was from Gambia. I told her I had a sister named Sukie too, but we got her name from a childrens book about an young elephant with baggy skin. I'm not sure she believed me.

Sukie, I hope this doesn't make you feel any less special.

2 comments:

house of harris said...

We, as the parents, need to clarify this story from Stuart. We did not get the name "Sukie" from that little Golden Book, it came later. Her name was Carolyn Sue, and because she was born with so much dark, black hair, someone asked how do you spell 'Sue'...Sioux"? From there it became 'Sukie". The book was much later. And I'm sure that this other Sukie is not nearly as beautiful as ours! (:

Matt said...

A much cuter story than "where did kookayla come from?".