30 November 2008

Tryptophantastic

Hello Harris Family. Here is a simple photo documentation of Joel and my (the name is Sarah by the way) Thanksgiving with my family.

Joel cooked the turkey (the amazing turkey) and most of our dinner by the way. A little overkill in impressing the family? Maybe. The food? Delicious.


In true Vegas resident fashion, the family hit one of the classier locations on the strip to check out the conservatory and fountains at the bellagio.


Joel seemed to win over my nieces and nephews to boot. My niece Gracie is a flirt so it wasnt so difficult. On his shoulders one minute and kicking him in the shins the next.



Joel also worked as my photographic assistant as I took pictures of this cute little family.


At one point he asked my sister Christina to shoot a couple pictures of us.......just for kicks and giggles. And something about being quick with the shutter.......



















So yeah, Thanksgiving was good. I look forward to meeting you all soon. I kinda like this Joel guy.

7 comments:

jennie said...

Thanks Sarah for posting! Grandma and Grandpa Harris will be thrilled!!! We are so excited to meet you in a couple of weeks and couldn't be happier that you 2 found each other!
Love - your future mother in law (is that weird? :)

jennie said...

PS - Love the ring! What a find!

house of harris said...

Dear Sarah and Joel, thank you so much for posting those pictures. Yes we are thrilled for the both of you. And Sarah, we love you already. If our firstborn grandchild loves you that is certainly good enough for us. We hope to see you in a couple of years. Love to you both,
Grandpa and Grandma Harris
December 1, 2008
Dominican Republic

Stuart said...

Sarah and Joel, congratulations. Let us know more about the wedding date so we can plan to be there.

And Joel, I trust you are aware that as the first male grandchild to get married, you must first undergo certain time honored rituals, passed down through the ages by your Scottish and Norwegian forefathers. Nothing to fear, really. There is the test of strength, the feat of endurance and the spectacle of deep fried food. Oh, and I can't forget the public humiliation by the uncles. You'll like it. Well, maybe Sarah will like it more.

All our love--the Stuart & Annette Harris Clan

P.S. Annette and the girls want to know the history of the ring.

Sarita said...

Thank you! Mother in law only sounds weird because, well, I've never had one of those before. But so does fiance. I am excited to meet everyone. My family loved Joel so I'm hoping that I hit it off with his family in a comparable fashion. As for Grandma and Grandpa, I have been itching to practice my spanish in an actual spanish speaking country and I think the DR would do nicely. So maybe we can make it out there.

I look forward to the feats of strength and endurance. As for the ring, we know is from around the 1920's, but that is all, we actually discussed fabricating a history for it. Maybe someone could help us with that.

Thanks for letting me invade your family blog. :)

Matt said...

I think the ring is... Precious...yessssss

symonie said...

The ring is beautiful. Did you get it at an antique store? The turkey is beautiful too. Joel, want to come and make us one before you go home for Christmas? We are happy, happy for you!