22 April 2009

The A Conquers Boston




Yes, she finished the Boston Marathon. It was an impressive event--over 28,000 runners. Plus on that same day there was a Red Sox game, a Bruins playoff game and a Celtic playoff game. Traffic was a nightmare (although we were getting around by subway, it was still a nightmare). I'll attach some pictures, but unfortunately I don't have any of her running. In fact, as sorry as this sounds, I never saw her running. I went to two different vantage points, but the runners were so thick I never spotted her. We figured out that both times she was on the other side of the street. So I can say I watched as she ran by, but I did not see here. The picture will give you a feel. Actually, it was probably a bit more crowded when she came by.
A friend captured a cell phone video, at a point in the race when they were spread out a bit, so I'll post that.

On Tuesday we walked around Boston a bit. Here's a picture of Annette sitting in the Revere family box at the Old North Church (you remember, one if by land, two if by sea). Apparently the different families had their own boxes. Not a bad idea.
Stuart




4 comments:

house of harris said...

Again dear, we are so very proud of your accomplishment. And even though it might be hard to tell all of your 'Harris' siblings are proud of you also! (:
What's next on the agenda? Maybe a pie baking contest at the Multnomah County Fair. That would be restful.
Love you, Mom and Dad H

The Wi Family said...

Congrats!!! That is sooo amazing!!!

symonie said...

A, you are amazing. You are in a whole different class now. The Boston Marathon--so impressive.
So how did you feel after it was over? You went walking around Boston the next day, so you must have been OK. I've heard of people being hobbled for days afterward . . . but they obviously weren't as in as good a shape as you.

jennie said...

The A is our hero! Amiee is heading there too!