28 June 2010

Happy Belated Father's Day


I was able to come home this last week for Alexis Apostalon's wedding, but flew into town a little early because I love my dad so much and wanted to see him on Father's Day. So of course we pulled out all the stops and got Dad the best Father's Day present of all time: a snuggy.

Every morning Dad sits out at the kitchen table with a blanket draped over him like a snuggy so we though it was time we got him the real thing. I had a friend from school staying with us (Her name is actually Heidi Harris, and she has a brother named Matt, but is of no relation that I know of) and she had the great idea to show our love for our father by customizing the box for him to show him all the many things he can do in his snuggy:


He can take up knitting,
read to underprivileged children,

hold himself as a baby,

or just be a baby
read a book on a plane,
or just hang around and chew the fat with
himself.
Doesn't he look so happy to
have a snuggy?

Happy Father's Day!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made my day!

jennie said...

Mine too!!! Priceless Kirstie thanks for sharing
PS FYI (last year I MADE snuggies for Joel and Alyssa - (Hanna ask to see Alyssa's it has unicorns) They are very easy - so if the rest of your family is jealous you canmake them for Christmas :)
Love YA

Sarita said...

Stuart looks so happy in his snuggies.

house of harris said...

Great pictures, Kirsten. And by the way Grandpa says that he and I will need them for about 6 months after we come home. Do they make a dressy model to wear to church? Maybe some with palm trees and seashells and white fluffy clouds!
Love Grandma

Matt said...

Great post kirst, but am I the only one in finding the photo of Stuey holding himself as a baby slightly disturing...

The Wi Family said...

Awesome!! I think I'll come to look at this post everyday to get a good laugh :)

Toddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toddy said...

That is some classic Stuey! Having been too young to know him when he was a child this really helps me better connect with my brother! So, he was born with glasses and grey hair?
toddy.