05 July 2010

Brazil 2010

Hello Harris Family. I just got back on Saturday from traveling in South America. I spent some time in Brazil in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and my mission area in the Southermost state of Rio Grande do Sul. I also stopped quickly in Argentina and Uruguay. I had a blast, here are some pics.





Hang Gliding in Rio


Sao Paulo from the air. Huge city; worst traffic I've ever seen.



Rio with a Friend from my mission.











Copacabana beach





Rio de Janeiro. The most beutiful city I've ever seen.







My President and I with our Gaucho smiles.



Copacabana Avenue










Watched some soccer at Fifa Fan Fest in Rio on Copacabana beach.



7 comments:

house of harris said...

Wonderful pictures, Daniel. Thank you so much. Grandpa wants to know who the young lady was with your mission president and his wife? Is she the reason you went to visit? [Grandpa's can be so nosy, can't they]
It certainly does look like you had a great time. I'll bet Lee is envious. Love you, G & G Harris

The Wi Family said...

JEALOUS!!! :) I'm so glad that you were able to go back before too long---most people don't get to. Good for yoU!!

The Wi Family said...

Mom - The girl in the pic with Daniel and his mission pres is their 16 yr old daughter - despite what everyone thinks - HE DID NOT GO BACK FOR A GIRL. Now if he were to find a Brazilian girl here I think he would LOVE that:)

Toddy said...

Daniel Well done! Drew wanted to know if hang gliding was a p-day activity in your mission? Alex is in the mtc now so lets plan another trip to brazil for June 2012!
Vive la Brasil!
Toddy.

Daniel said...

Drew - For P-day it would be nice but no. And Todd - 2012 Sounds Great, count me in!!! I'm already planning on 2014 for the next world cup, but I already miss Brazil, so sooner sounds better.

Mike said...

Not a bad looking city, but have you seen Orangeville in the fall? I'm just saying. And if anyone wants to tour my mission, I'm available whenever.

Anonymous said...

Mike I would love to visit Orangeville, what's it like???