11 September 2009

The girls get to school

So the last Big event of the Mellor summer is done. Joel and I dropped our baby off at BYUI. Surprisingly enough I did not cry - which (mom you may remember) is a far different story than when I dropped off Kristina. I don't think this reflects at all on the different personalities of my daughters but on the fact that I am really trying to learn to keep my emotions under control. I will admit to having very lonely feelings without my friend Alyssa but I am so excited for her and this new adventure! I am also glad that my other friends Kristina, Rachel and Jenna live near by :).
It was fun to meet up with Stuart and Hannah and share this adventure with them. When Joel and I left Rexburg on Tuesday afternoon we left both girls with blizzards and smiles after a final trip to Walmart! I was able to take some pictures of Alyssa and her new digs (sorry I did not get any of Hannah's room she said she would post those)








Joel and I were able to get to the beautiful Rexburg temple and we took the girls up for pictures before we left. The field they are in front of is across the street from the temple and is a field of plowed barley. I love barley but apparently in Idaho it is causing some controversy because all of that barley that has been planted (and there is a lot of it!) is being sold to Budwieser for the making of beer.
The temple is gorgeous as it presides over the school and the entire valley. It is very white and vertical and the interior is so bright and beautiful too!




Sorry I have not figured out how to turn my photos :(

2 comments:

house of harris said...

Great photos, Jen, thank you so much for them and the accompanying commentary. It does bring back memories of ten years ago. I am so glad that the cousins were able to get together. Did you meet their roommates? What a beautiful temple. That will surely bless the valley.
Love you guys, Mom and Dad

The Wi Family said...

Oh, Alyssa....I miss you-it's so great that we can Skype at least once a day :)