21 August 2008

Trip to AZ

Last month we went to Arizona for not one, but two family reunions. First, we went to Mesa for my Grandma Udall's 90th birthday celebration. So far she has 103 great-grandkids (Nina is #76 and Satchel is #92) so the party was more like pandemonium. But it was still really nice.
We then left the 115 degree heat of Mesa and drove east to the White Mountains where we had a Larson reunion (my mom's side of the family). When we arrived, it was 55 degrees. Relief. My grandma rented out an entire lodge, and we more than filled it. She also has 100 great-grandkids, but luckily they weren't all there. :) We took these pictures of the kids outside the lodge. They had so much fun. By the time we got home they had slept in five different places, played with myriad cousins, had no routine or expectations, and loved every minute of it! Plus, Nina discovered that she loves swimming.

3 comments:

house of harris said...

Thank you dear Sym for these wonderful pictures. I wish I could convince everyone to take and post pictures; especially now that I have figured out how to print them. My book is filling up fast, but plllllllllllllllllease keep them coming. Thank you also for sending the one of Mike and family. Everyone is growing up so quickly.....us......we are just growing old VERY QUICKLY. In fact Dad asked me the other day when I got old.!!! I said 10 months ago. Love to you all, Mom

jennie said...

Sym - You are the best! Thank you for keeping the Utah end of the blog going! I can't believe how big the kids are getting and sooo cute. That lodge looks amazing - maybe you should be incharge of planning the Harris reunion :)
Love ya Jen

The Wi Family said...

What cute pictures and that is so impressive about your Grandma!! 103 GGrandkids!!!! Wow. Sounds like it was fun. The Harris reunion sounds fun, let us know:)