19 February 2008

A Day in the Life of An English Major...


Just thought I'd put fingers to keyboard and treat the readers of the family blog to an exclusive look into the life of the elusive English major. This semester has been filled with poetry in motion as well as on paper. I am in a Russian lit class and currently very busy reading Dostoevsky. On this standard frosty Provo day, I was commissioned to write a Haiku (for my creative writing class) which I feel compelled to share:

Tired Hotel room,
Gideon's Bible untouched,
He counts his receipts.


I am just now recovering from being sick all last week so I hope that the rest of the Harris' are all in good health!


(To be Continued...)

5 comments:

Stuart said...

What father wouldn't be proud to write that tuition check? I look forward to more in . . . THE LIFE OF AN ENGLISH MAJOR.

KirstieBirstie said...

Hey now, you're not paying any of my tuition.

The Wi Family said...

Hey Kirstie,
Thanks for posting! Fun to see what's going on in your neck of the woods and I love the picture! What year are you in school now? Hope you're enjoying life in Provo...

Matt said...

What are they teaching you down there? That poem doesn't rhyme...

Toddy said...

uhhh Hello, Thats not a haiku , thats my Life Kirstie!
Except the part about the untouched Bible- I always support the Gideons' when I'm not watching a Worlds Strongest Man replay from Africa. Study hard or you may end up working for ESPN! That should be motivation enough.